Definición de varnish en inglés:
- Both cabins have redwood siding that appears to have been given a clear coat of varnish or shellac.
- The rockers were made of wood, their dark varnish scuffed and scraped.
- Lots of glue was used to fix this all in place, and over the top of all this a few layers of varnish or shellac were applied to finally seal the whole thing.
- Her colleague, who already had her coat on, looked up then looked down again, picking chipped pink varnish from the edge of a finger nail.
- The lady filed and shaped our nails, cleaned our cuticles and painted 4 layers of varnish on them.
- Joan looked up from examining her bitten nails, wondering if she should pick up a new black varnish.
- Extremist impulses have acquired a varnish of respectability through the intercession of the socialist leaders.
- It was reduced to the purely decorative art of whether or not to put the varnish of international approval on a decision already made.
- It would take a lot more than suggesting Lincoln was gay to strip some of the varnish off of his image.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Both rooms are painted in a rich red and have varnished pine floors, picture rails and attractive brick fireplaces.
- Belt sanders are relatively inexpensive to hire and while sanding and varnishing floors is tough work, buyers will love the results.
- The floors and banisters had been varnished and polished till they gleamed, the frames of paintings had received a thorough cleaning.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For the ceiling of this room alone, Allard employed designers, cabinetmakers, carpenters, ‘omamanists,’ carvers, gilders, and varnishers.
- Time, helped by the eager brushes of varnishers and retouchers, has altered many a painting so that even its old master wouldn't know it.
- Painters and varnishers carry out their work independently and in a customer-oriented manner on the basis of work orders, plans and designs, both alone and as part of a team.
Varnish is from Old French vernis, from medieval Latin veronix ‘fragrant resin,’ which comes from medieval Greek berenikē from Berenice, the name of a town in Cyrenaica, a region of Libya.
Palabras que riman con varnishgarnish, tarnish
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.