1Causing or relating to the constriction or dilatation of blood vessels: vasomotor effects
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dietary phytoestrogens, found in soya bean and linseed, are thought to help relieve vasomotor menopausal symptoms.
- Estrogen was the most consistently effective intervention for vasomotor symptoms.
- One study found that approximately 25 percent of menstruating women in midlife reported vasomotor symptoms before they had skipped one or several periods.
1.1Denoting a region in the medulla of the brain (the vasomotor centre) which regulates blood pressure by controlling reflex alterations in the heart rate and the diameter of the blood vessels, in response to stimuli from receptors in the circulatory system or from other parts of the brain.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As a central nervous system depressant, black cohosh directly inhibits vasomotor centers involved with inner ear balance and hearing.
- The alkaloids stimulated the vasomotor and respiratory centers in the brain stem of dogs.
- Emesis may result from stimulation of the vasomotor and vomiting centers.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: vaso|motor
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda