- Relating to Vaud, its people, or their dialect of French.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘A nuclear plant takes 10 years to build,’ says Vauthier in an English heavily accented with the Vaudois French he spoke growing up in the Jura mountains north of Lake Geneva.
sustantivo (plural igual)Volver al principio
sustantivo (plural igual)• historical
- A member of the Waldenses religious sect.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The church of Rome and its Italian princes had deeply disgraced themselves by their conduct to the unhappy Vaudois.
- Milton's sonnet itself was only one episode in a long series of British connections with the Waldensians, not only in centuries when they were usually referred to as Vaudois but in the age of Italian unification when they became Valdesi.
- The towns and lands of the Vaudois were restored.
adjetivoVolver al principio
mid 16th century: French, representing medieval Latin Valdensis (see Waldenses).