- 1 • formal Relating to plants: a vegetal aromaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, there are unpleasant, though mild, vegetal aromas present.
- Wearing masks made of wood, cloth, or vegetal fiber, performers dance in honor of the spirit forces of the particular body of water that runs through their community.
- But there is a rich, firm finish, with a slight vegetal character, which makes for a sophisticated and complex wine.
- 2 [attributive] Embryology Relating to that pole of the ovum or embryo that contains the less active cytoplasm, and frequently most of the yolk, in the early stages of development: vegetal cells the vegetal regionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The vegetal yolk cell specifies the position of the shield.
- When embryos are exposed to UV irradiation on the vegetal hemisphere they are completely ventralized and form no dorsal structures.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin vegetalis, from Latin vegetare 'animate'. sense 2 dates from the early 20th century.
Más definiciones de vegetalDefinición de vegetal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.