Definición de vehement en inglés:
- This prompted some vehement criticism from shareholders in May.
- Some of the most vehement criticism has come from New York itself.
- Leaders of the coalition are vehement in arguing that cooperation with the social movements should be a cornerstone of any new party.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He vehemently denied the accusations and was released on bail.
- Essentially, it's the media pundits who most vehemently oppose modernisation.
- Some people don't seem to be very upset by the proposal, while others are vehemently opposed to the move.
Late Middle English (describing pain or temperature, in the sense 'intense, high in degree'): from French véhément or Latin vehement- 'impetuous, violent', perhaps from an unrecorded adjective meaning 'deprived of mind', influenced by vehere 'carry'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.