- A white sauce made from a roux of butter and flour with chicken, veal, or pork stock: the snails were served with a velouté of chickenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We started with an appetiser of celeriac velouté and ham hock tortellini, which was followed by seared scallops ceviche and cucumber jelly, then pot-roasted lobster with foie gras.
- My first appetizer was a delicious velouté, infused with roasted garlic and folded with bits of cod and salty pancetta.
- The golden butternut squash velouté with escargot needed to be thicker to live up to its name, and more complex to live up to its price tag.
French, literally 'velvety'.
Más definiciones de veloutéDefinición de velouté en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.