sustantivo (plural igual or Vendas)
- 1A member of a people traditionally living in Limpopo province and southern Zimbabwe.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Venda of southern Africa believe the soul of the deceased stays near the grave for a while before inhabiting another body.
- But because every person has the ability to learn what it means to be a Venda through singing and dancing, clearly all human beings, all the members of that tribe, have that capability.
- As much could be lost in SA too; the richly-cultured Venda have already lost with the gradual diminution of their chiefs.
- 2 [mass noun] The Bantu language of the Venda, which has about 800,000 speakers in South Africa.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other languages spoken in Zimbabwe are Tonga, Shangaan, and Venda.
- There are other languages, Tswana, Venda, and Ndebela.
- But quite rightly, within their families the proud Afrikaners will maintain their traditions, and their language will take its place alongside Zulu, Xhosa, Venda, and all the other tribal languages.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to the Venda or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some draw on Christian symbolism (he has frequently explored the fish theme), while others suggest inspiration from traditional Venda mythology or folk stories.
- Joice Mabasa, daughter of renowned Venda sculptor Noria Mabasa, says the family is ‘happy’ about the honour bestowed on them.
- As leaders of the Venda people, I urge you to take part in the local government structures.