(chiefly North American also venipuncture)
- The puncture of a vein as part of a medical procedure, typically to withdraw a blood sample or for an intravenous injection.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All the blood samples were drawn by venipuncture by medical workers and were coded in the Occupational Medicine Unit.
- We banded each bird with an aluminum or anodized color band and took two 500 - L blood samples via venipuncture of the brachial vein.
- Alcohol is the preferred skin preparation for immunizations and venipuncture for blood collection.
1920s: from Latin vena 'vein' + puncture.
Más definiciones de venepunctureDefinición de venepuncture en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.