Definición de vengeance en inglés:
Punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong: voters are ready to wreak vengeance on all politicians
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So in the end it sort of has a happy ending, in that you get to see Grace exact vengeance.
- If they fail, the electorate in due course exacts its vengeance by throwing them out.
- I have no qualms with the premise of a pimp exacting vengeance from beyond the grave.
counterstroke, comeback, nemesis, satisfaction, an eye for an eye (and a tooth for a tooth), tit for tat, measure for measure, blow for blow;
Latinquid pro quo, lex talionis
informal comeuppance, a taste of one's own medicine
rare ultion, a Roland for an Oliver
with a vengeance
- Used to emphasize the degree to which something occurs or is true: her headache was back with a vengeanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
vigorously, strenuously, energetically, with a will, with might and main, with all the stops out, for all one is worth, to the utmost, to the greatest extreme, to the full, to the limit, all out, flat out, at full tilt;British informal like billy-o
- I tear at the paper with a vengeance to reveal that my dream had come true also.
- Two months later, arthritis returned with a vengeance and he had no recourse but to go back to the acupuncturist.
- The Manchester United empire continues to strike back with a vengeance rather than crumbling away.
Palabras que riman con vengeanceshenanigans • Huygens
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda