Definición de verb en inglés:
A word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence, and forming the main part of the predicate of a sentence, such as hear, become, happen.
- This could be a preposition, a verb, or a noun which does not in fact count as the ‘possessor’.
- Kanji are used in writing the main parts of a sentence such as verbs and nouns, as well as names.
- We typically identify powers with a certain standard locution, employing the infinitives of verbs along with verb phrases.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Use (a word that is not conventionally used as a verb, typically a noun) as a verb: any English noun can be verbed, but some are more resistant than others (as noun verbing) I hate the verbing of that particular noun
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another interesting example of verbing nouns, this time exclusively in Australian English, is the word 'preference'.
- I grimaced alongside him, but in truth verbing is far from new.
- We trace this verbing of 'medal' back to the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, and it has been in our dictionaries since 1997.
- Example sentences
- On Tuesday the prime minister employed 107 verbless sentences, a record to cherish.
- In fact, all he offered was a verbless sentence committing him to precisely nothing: ‘So, the United Nations route.’
- It is notable for verbless sentences, and promises which sound good while avoiding precision.
Definición de verb en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan