- A noun formed as an inflection of a verb and partly sharing its constructions, such as smoking in smoking is forbidden. See -ing1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To avoid exceedance one has to write a rather awkward construction involving the verbal noun exceeding.
- Since ousia is a verbal noun formed from the participle on, this is not a perspicuous statement.
- The tendency then to mark new findings through invention of verbal nouns is recurrent and may elicit the criticism of jargon-infested prose.
Más definiciones de verbal nounDefinición de verbal noun en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.