- Errors of judgment seem inspired, and the few shards of true inspiration sound like veritable masterpieces.
- The school going children can expect a veritable literary blitz to descend on their schools.
- Happily, the next decade will see a veritable slew of well-qualified candidates.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He is today, veritably, a one-man-Open University on Mahatma Gandhi.
- Sage veritably whispers these opening lines, suggesting pain and danger.
- She lowered her eyes flirtatiously, batted her lashes and veritably glowed with his praise.
Late Middle English: from Old French, from verite 'truth' (see verity). Early senses included 'true' and 'speaking the truth', later 'genuine, actual'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ver¦it|able
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.