Definición de vertiginous en inglés:
1Extremely high or steep: vertiginous drops to the valleys below
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hadid's graphics remind me of the steep perspectives and vertiginous sweep of illustrations in science fiction comics.
- As in the New York skyscraper photographs that followed, Church Street El features the blank faces of several buildings seen from a steep vertiginous view.
- This year's vertiginous drop in the Nasdaq market has caused Shin to rethink its timing, but its preparations are well advanced.
1.1Relating to or affected by vertigo.
- Although it is tempting to get close to the edge the terrain is daunting - a 12m drop deters clumsy, vertiginous or litigious tourists.
- As she lifted herself up from the computer console, walking towards her cabin in a dizzy, almost vertiginous way, she tripped on a sharp object.
- In this vertiginous mode, Armantrout can sound less like other ‘Language writers’ than like an improbably terse stand-up comic.
- Example sentences
- With an estimated price of $40-50 million, the bidding started at $20m and rose vertiginously.
- The road twists vertiginously around sharp drop-offs, and nighttime is when poisonous fer-de-lance snakes slither across the road.
- Inside the Lada, the mood swings vertiginously between country-lovesick and Elvis Crespo's power salsa.
Definición de vertiginous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary