- An arrangement whereby a person with a terminal illness sells their life insurance policy to a third party for less than its mature value, in order to benefit from the proceeds while alive. See also death futures.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a viatical settlement, a person with a terminal disease sells his or her life insurance policy at a discount from its face value in exchange for ready cash.
- The tax treatment of a viatical settlement is markedly different.
- While the ads for viatical settlement firms focused on impending death, those for drug companies focused on prolonging life - better living through science.
1990s: viatical from Latin viaticus 'relating to a journey or departing' + -al.
Más definiciones de viatical settlementDefinición de viatical settlement en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.