sustantivo (plural vibracula /-lə/)Zoology
- (In some bryozoans) any of a number of modified zooids that bear a long whip-like seta, serving to prevent other organisms from settling on the colony. Compare with avicularium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Ectoprocta there are similar specialized zooids, avacularia, vibracula, and gonozooids.
- They may be polymorphic with ovicells, vibracula, kenozooids, and/or avicularia in addition to autozooids.
- Other zooids include the avicularia, where the operculum has been modified into a jaw, and the vibracula where the operculum has been modified into a bristle.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin vibrare (see vibrate).
Más definiciones de vibraculumDefinición de vibraculum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.