sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The geographical separation of a population, typically by a physical barrier such as a mountain range or river, resulting in a pair of closely related species.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The biogeographic patterns of vicariance and range expansion may also provide insight to the mechanics of this extinction event.
- Phylogenetic biogeography resolved patterns of both vicariance and geodispersal and revealed that range expansions were more abundant than range contractions in Devonian phyllocarids.
- It also can be used to identify both episodes of vicariance and congruent range expansion (geo-dispersal) that allow biogeographic patterns to be considered in the context of tectonic and climatic change.
1950s: from Latin vicarius 'substitute' + -ance.
Más definiciones de vicarianceDefinición de vicariance en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.