Single (someone) out for cruel or unjust treatment: they are victimized by racism or discriminatory barriers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In many countries people are victimised, terrorised, disappeared or tortured, for publicly, or even privately, expressing dissent.
- Reports that he felt victimized by racism at some point in his life don't unto themselves make his race relevant.
- A righteous-sounding phrase is being exploited to victimise persons perceived to be a threat to the regime, while others are rewarded with the ill-gotten booty.
persecute, pick on, push around, lean on, bully, abuse, discriminate against, ill-treat, mistreat, maltreat, harass, hound, torment, terrorize, torture, punish unfairly
informal get at, have it in for, have a down on, be down on, give someone a hard time, hassle, needle, get on someone's back, make things hot for someone, take for a ride, con, diddle, rip off, fleece
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And he seems to me to believe, finally, that the only really satisfactory ‘consequences’ are the ones victims get to inflict on victimizers, not the consequences God inflicts.
- I was referring to citizens of a militarized state, both its victims and its victimizers.
- To preserve the division of the world into victims and victimizers, therefore, it is intellectually imperative to keep migrants in a state of the most complete dependence possible.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda