- 1Strong, healthy, and full of energy: a tall, vigorous, and muscular manMás ejemplos en oraciones
robust, healthy, in good health, hale and hearty, strong, strong as an ox/horse/lion, sturdy, fine, fit, in good condition, in tip-top condition, in good shape, in good trim, in good kilter; hardy, tough, athletic, strapping, able-bodied; bouncing, thriving, flourishing, blooming; energetic, lively, active, spry, sprightly, perky, playful, jaunty, vivacious, animated, spirited, high-spirited, dynamic, vibrant, full of life, vital, sparkling, effervescent, zestful, buoyant, tireless, indefatigable• informal go-getting, zippy, peppy, bouncy, upbeat, full of vim, full of beans, raring to go, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, in the pink, fit as a fiddleNorthern English • informal wickNorth American • informal chipper
- And the pope, we're told, kept up his full, vigorous schedule this Christmas Eve, despite his frail health.
- Be vigorous and full of energy, and make ceaseless efforts.
- After a healthy life, this vigorous, energetic, dynamic man was gone at age 59.
- 1.1Characterized by or involving physical strength, effort, or energy: vigorous aerobic exerciseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Trying to sweat out a cold and fever with vigorous physical exercise is a really bad idea.
- Unfortunately this lack of vigorous physical exercise has resulted in an increase of various illnesses.
- The hunger I felt was the kind you could only get after using up large amounts of energy on vigorous physical activity.
- 1.2(Of language) forceful: a vigorous denialMás ejemplos en oraciones
strenuous, powerful, potent, forceful, forcible, spirited, mettlesome, determined, resolute, aggressive, eager, keen, active, enthusiastic, zealous, ardent, fervent, vehement, intense, intensive, passionate, fiery, wild, unrestrained, uncontrolled, unbridled; tough, blunt, hard-hitting, pulling no punches
- It's a vigorous language, by turns colloquial and formal, precise, even-toned, elegant, sly, ironic, subtle and funny.
- Certainly, despite vigorous denials, there was tension between the two during filming.
- She shook her head in vigorous denial, and Angel and Doyle both glanced at her.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of them would comment on the vigorousness of the newly sprouted fields, and another would off-handedly mention the healthy appearance of a newly purchased servant.
- What level of vigorousness do you feel leads to the most effective learning in your aikido training?
- This video shows the vigorousness of Lingnan students
Middle English: via Old French from medieval Latin vigorosus, from Latin vigor (see vigour).