- According to the study, symmetry of face and body suggests health and vigor - and therefore genetic fitness - while asymmetry implies the opposite.
- You are blessed with good health and vigour, which enable you to participate in busy schedules.
- ‘We're against apathy,’ he says, setting the juice aside. Renewed health and vigor seems to flow into him as he warms to his topic.
- Such hope lent a spring to their step and vigour to their efforts in the face of determined opposition.
- And the young cast brings to the production enough raw energy and vigour to leave the audience spellbound.
- Energy, vigour and emotion were what were missing most in the second-rate acting.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin vigor, from vigere 'be lively'.
Vigour and vigorous (Middle English) are from Latin vigor, from vigere ‘be lively’, also found in invigorate (mid 17th century).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: vig¦our
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.