Definición de vilify en inglés:
verbo (vilifies, vilifying, vilified)[with object]
Speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner: he has been vilified in the press
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Those who dislike speech or publications vilifying certain groups should speak out in their defence, not use the law to punish unwelcome opinions.
- When anybody calls their bluff and punctures this self-delusion, they can only cope by insulting and vilifying their critics.
- You speak of democracy but vilify those that dare speak against your hero.
disparage, denigrate, defame, run down, revile, berate, belittle, abuse, insult, slight, attack, speak ill of, speak evil of, pour scorn on, cast aspersions on, criticize, censure, condemn, decry, denounce, pillory, lambaste;
fulminate against, rail against, inveigh against, malign, slander, libel, conduct a smear campaign against, spread lies about, blacken the name/reputation of, sully the reputation of, give someone a bad name, bring someone into disrepute, discredit, stigmatize, traduce, calumniate, impugn;
North American slur
informal do down, do a hatchet job on, take to pieces, pull apart, throw mud at, drag through the mud, slate, have a go at, hit out at, jump on, lay into, tear into, knock, slam, pan, bash, hammer, roast, skewer, bad-mouth, throw brickbats at
North American informal pummel, dump on
Australian/New Zealand informal bag
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The time has come for a vicious vendetta against the vox populi and the vociferating vilifiers of vice.
- In each of these four cases, the vilifier has been murdered.
- I guess I'm one of the main vilifiers and I'd be lying if I said I'm ashamed of that.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda