A bristly Eurasian plant of the borage family, with pink buds which open to blue flowers. It was formerly used in the treatment of snake bites.
- Echium vulgare, family Boraginaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Flowers suitable for the less formal border are harebell, foxglove, ox-eye daisy, toadflax, alpine, autumn and field gentians, cranesbill, forget-me-not, and viper's bugloss.
- On the picnic table, Angela had arranged a vase of wildflowers picked by the road, which she now identified for me: viper's bugloss, butter-and-eggs, oxeye daisy.
- The larva feeds on the flowers and leaves of viper's bugloss, Symphytum or other Boraginaceae, pupating in a dead stem or rotten wood.
Definición de viper's bugloss en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.