sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- The development of male physical characteristics (such as muscle bulk, body hair, and deep voice) in a female or precociously in a boy, typically as a result of excess androgen production: excessive growth of body hair is a common symptom of virilizationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Administration of glucocorticoids inhibits excessive production of androgens, prevents progressive virilization, and stabilizes renin levels.
- Clinical clues to possible hyperandrogenism in women include dysmenorrhea, virilization, and severe acne.
- Patients are often concerned about the physical manifestations of this disorder, including virilization and acanthosis nigricans, and may be less aware of systemic problems.
Más definiciones de virilizationDefinición de virilization en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.