- You couldn't mention one to the other without splenetic vitriol pouring out.
- It's something of a disappointment when you had been hoping for a tirade of vitriol against humanity.
- The vitriol rolled off his tongue for nearly 20 minutes.
- Thus was devised an apparently skillful method of deflecting his perceived humiliation, which in reality is no humiliation at all, by pouring vitriol on the nation lest his own face catch fire.
- Spectacularly well-timed, I agree, but unfortunately I spilt all my vitriol on another carpet, so I can't reproduce it with the same passion here.
Late Middle English (denoting the sulphate of various metals): from Old French, or from medieval Latin vitriolum, from Latin vitrum 'glass'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: vit|riol
Definición de vitriol en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.