Definición de vivacious en inglés:
- She was a very bubbly and vivacious woman who usually had no difficulty meeting people.
- He had been married only a year, but he could no longer make love to his energetic, vivacious wife.
- He wanted to know how the bubbly and vivacious girl was coping mentally.
survive from (Late Middle English):
Survive entered English via Old French from Latin supervivere, based on vivere ‘to live’, as in revive (Late Middle English), vivacious (mid 17th century), and vivid (mid 17th century). According to Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, those animals and plants which tend to survive and produce more offspring are the ones best adapted to their environment, while those less well adapted become extinct. The idea is summed up in the phrase the survival of the fittest, which was coined by the English philosopher and sociologist Herbert Spencer in Principles of Biology ( 1865). Darwin himself had originally used the term natural selection, but approved of Spencer's version. Beyond its technical use the phrase is often used loosely to suggest that the strongest or most ruthless will succeed at the expense of others, though this is a distortion of the original Darwinian notion.
- Example sentences
- ‘Good heavens,’ she chirped vivaciously, ‘what a grand night!’
- His landscapes possess a palpable, lively freshness that is both delicate and vivaciously atmospheric, and his subtle, innovative use of line and colour, suffused with a buoyant luminescence, is captivating.
- Piercing blue eyes glare from under thick, black lashes while naturally rosy cheeks appear vivaciously stark against elegant, pale ivory skin.
- Example sentences
- For not only is she immensely talented as a performer, she is also matchless in her energy and vivaciousness.
- Her smile was worth seeing, and her green eyes sparkled with vibrancy and vivaciousness.
- We wish Margaret many more years of good health and happiness and hope she maintains her great wit and vivaciousness for many more years in the future.
Words that rhyme with vivaciousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, voracious
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.