1Producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind: memories of that evening were still vivid a vivid description
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- New moving images may become as vivid and powerful as traumatic memories in the mind of a child survivor.
- Kit could feel the anger coursing through his mind and everything was vivid and clear.
- She had another terrible nightmare and could not shake the vivid images from her mind.
graphic, evocative, realistic, true to life, lifelike, faithful, authentic, clear, crystal clear, detailed, lucid, striking, arresting, impressive, colourful, highly coloured, rich, dramatic, picturesque, lively, stimulating, interesting, fascinating, scintillating;
memorable, unforgettable, powerful, stirring, affecting, emotive, moving, haunting
2(Of a colour) intensely deep or bright: the rhododendron bush provides a vivid splash of mauve
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The deep, vivid colours make angels landing by silence much more than just another flower picture.
- The display is great-very large, as you can see, with a bright backlight and vivid colour.
- His pieces are bright, luminous and painted in vivid colours.
bright, bright-coloured, colourful, deep-coloured, brilliant, glowing, radiant, vibrant, strong, bold, deep, intense, rich, warm, flaming, flamboyant, glaring, eye-catching
3 archaic (Of a person or animal) lively and vigorous.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fisk is a garlanded, dynamic, vivid reporter, one of the best in the world.
- The question is whether the author can live up to the vivid characters and style of the first book.
- Bristling with vivid characters, they give an electrifying glimpse into an unknown world.
dynamic, flamboyant, striking, strong, powerful, fiery, lively, animated, spirited, vibrant, vital, vigorous, energetic, vivacious, zestful
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Behind his jollity and vividness, lay a cold, dark interior, hidden to all.
- In recent years, a homesickness for myth - for the sensuality and vividness that ‘history’ discards - has inspired a renaissance of poem as narrative.
- Regarded simply on its literary merits, there is nothing I know of to excel it in vividness, in pathos, in a burning earnestness, in a glow of conviction that fires from the heart to the heart.
Mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere 'to live'.
Palabras que riman con vividlivid
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: vivid
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda