(Used only by opponents of the practice) perform vivisection on (an animal): people are vivisecting animals and experimenting with germ warfare figurative science has been directed to the task of reducing, dividing, and vivisecting nature to manageable proportions
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Have we the right to make experiments on animals and vivisect them?
- It may be ethically objectionable to vivisect animals, or pursue profits at the expense of nature and community, but it is usually legal.
- A further note on Victor's improbable career: when he is not creating life in the lab, or necromancing with mummy DNA, he apparently vivisects chimpanzees.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Croce reveals the clear contradiction in the attitude of the vivisector towards animals.
- First of all, for those of you who don't know me, I am a former vivisector and I speak out against vivisection now.
- Additionally, two animal labs and three vivisector's offices were entered and all contents relating to animal research were destroyed.
Mid 19th century: back-formation from vivisection.
Definición de vivisect en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda