- 1A shallow natural pool of water.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Springs and vleis (shallow depressions) were also critical as water sources.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Low-lying, marshy ground, covered with water during the rainy season.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1854 the Town of Durban was a small settlement on a sandy plane surrounded by swamps (the eastern and western vlei's) and the bay.
- A second flank of the fire was burning towards Kommetjie, but fire fighters were optimistic that it would burn out in a nearby vlei, which stood between the fire's present position and the village.
Afrikaans, from Dutch vallei 'valley'.