- 1(Of an animal) able to fly or glide: newly volant youngMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All birds-even the largest volant species, have relatively low wing loadings relative to, for example, airplanes.
- Among volant insects, behavior and time spent in flight varies greatly, both influencing probability of being swept off by the air stream.
- Based on the fact that young M. lucifugus are volant at three weeks of age, parturition on Brier Island must have occurred by 25 June.
mid 16th century (as a military term in the sense 'capable of rapid movement'): from French, literally 'flying', present participle of voler, from Latin volare 'to fly'.
Más definiciones de volantDefinición de volant en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.