- A controlled dive or downward flight at a steep angle, especially by an aeroplane with the engine shut off.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1891 the engineer Otto Lilienthal executed the first safe and repeatable volplanes in history.
verbo[no object, with adverbial of direction] Volver al principio
- (Of an aeroplane) make a steep controlled dive or downward flight: we watched the huge birds volplaning inMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Then he shut off the motor and volplaned to earth, to the no small astonishment of the surgeon.
- Higher and higher climbed the starlings, still maintaining tight formation, until the hawk, seeming to realize the futility of its effort, turned and volplaned to earth.
- The sugar glider is one of a number of volplaning possums in Australia.
early 20th century: from French vol plané, literally 'glided flight'.
Más definiciones de volplaneDefinición de volplane en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.