Definición de voluptuous en inglés:
1(Of a woman) curvaceous and sexually attractive.
- The backless gown was flattering; she was not a very voluptuous woman, but she was certainly not shapeless either.
- He likes the fleshy folds in a voluptuous woman's body.
- If you are expecting voluptuous women, cascading flesh, and all the excess of full-blown Baroque painting, you will be disappointed.
curvaceous, shapely, opulent, full-figured, well formed, well proportioned, Junoesque, ample, Rubensesque, buxom, full-bosomed, lush, luscious;
1.1Relating to or characterized by luxury or sensual pleasure: long curtains in voluptuous crimson velvet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We often describe the sensuality of cuisine as luscious, voluptuous, decadently indulgent, luxurious, hedonistic.
- It was one of these dishes that are a tasting menu in and of themselves, giving you the sensory pleasures of a voluptuous feast - only in tiny, manageable portions.
- This ‘boyish’ and youthful ideal reigned during the 1920s, succeeded by a sensual and voluptuous ideal in the 1930s.
- Example sentences
- With what longing, between the bars of my temperament, do I peer at its bright landscape, how voluptuously sniff at its perfumes of hay and raspberries, of honey-suckle and roast duck, of sun-warmed flesh and nectarines and the sea!
- She is still a very adjectival writer, quick to assert rather than demonstrate, and thus reliant on basic verbs to prop up her voluptuously visual descriptions.
- The winner will enjoy the room for the evening, which will be voluptuously decorated by local artists with roses, champagne and chocolates.
- Example sentences
- She had a smile that could light up a street full of people and was extremely lively, had a particular type of voluptuousness - a Rodin sculpture come to life. She reminded me of a libertine heroine. She was just my type.
- She had a 40s voluptuousness that fit the role perfectly.
- His works are known for a certain voluptuousness and ripe sensuality, his figures lacking much of the grace and elegance of earlier bijin prints, but emphasizing in their place worldliness and a less disguised or mediated sexuality.