sustantivo (plural vomitoria /-rɪə/)
- 2A place in which, according to popular misconception, the ancient Romans are supposed to have vomited during feasts to make room for more food.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But consuming large amounts of food and drink while lying on one's side, waiting to use the vomitorium, is quite another.
- I had read somewhere about the practice in ancient Rome of having a vomitorium.
- Masters and slaves exchanged roles and both ‘ate and drank themselves insensible; they would lurch to the vomitorium and stagger back for the next course.’
Más definiciones de vomitoriumDefinición de vomitorium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.