Definición de votive en inglés:
Offered or consecrated in fulfilment of a vow: votive offerings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cities, as well as individuals, made votive offerings to the gods on special occasions.
- Rivers were sacred in the Celtic world, and places where votive offerings were deposited and burials often conducted.
- Fine or folk art created or utilized specifically for protection, intercession, or votive offering.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An object offered in fulfilment of a vow, such as a candle used as a vigil light.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As with any divinity, more personalized dedications show variation from these norms, and Demeter's votives may not be identical at every sanctuary.
- To raise money for new wool jumpers, Miss Cropsey decided that we would sell Christmas candles, little votives whose holders were covered in red or green velvet with fake pine cones attached.
- A thin woolen blanket had been lain on the wood-planked floor with several lit glass jar candles and votives surrounding the blanket and resting on the railing.
Palabras que riman con votiveemotive, motive
Definición de votive en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán