- Offered or consecrated in fulfilment of a vow: votive offeringsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Cities, as well as individuals, made votive offerings to the gods on special occasions.
- Rivers were sacred in the Celtic world, and places where votive offerings were deposited and burials often conducted.
- Fine or folk art created or utilized specifically for protection, intercession, or votive offering.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An object offered in fulfilment of a vow, such as a candle used as a vigil light.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As with any divinity, more personalized dedications show variation from these norms, and Demeter's votives may not be identical at every sanctuary.
- To raise money for new wool jumpers, Miss Cropsey decided that we would sell Christmas candles, little votives whose holders were covered in red or green velvet with fake pine cones attached.
- A thin woolen blanket had been lain on the wood-planked floor with several lit glass jar candles and votives surrounding the blanket and resting on the railing.
Más definiciones de votiveDefinición de votive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.