- 1A person or animal, especially a bird, that wades, in particular:Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Had good birding around the township area particularly of waders & waterfowls, however the Pied kingfishers were nowhere to be seen this time.
- The Hunter Bird Observers Club has been monitoring migratory waders for the last five years to understand how they use the estuary.
- Potentially many species can get infected but the mostly likely carriers are waterfowl, waders and gulls.
- 1.1chiefly British A wading bird of the order Charadriiformes, which comprises the sandpipers, plovers, and related birds. Also called shorebird, especially in North America.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The meadows are also important for breeding waders including redshank and curlew.
- A giant among waders, the curlew is unmistakable with long bill and legs.
- When I began birding three waders: lapwing, redshank and snipe were all common breeders in many areas of Norfolk.
- 1.2chiefly North American A wading bird of the order Ciconiiformes, which comprises the herons, storks, and ibises.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At Laurel Hill, you can spot waders such as herons, egrets, bitterns and glossy ibis, and predators such as ospreys, hawks, falcons and owls, with even the occasional bald eagle.
- In waders and shorebirds, which have large eggs for their body size, clutches are usually limited to a maximum of four eggs.
- In addition to rare plants and wildflowers, you'll find hawks and ospreys lining the river and a host of waders along the shoreline.
- 2 (waders) High waterproof boots, or a waterproof garment for the legs and body, used especially by anglers when fishing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the weather turns rough, your guide can no doubt fit you up with waterproof clothing and waders.
- When moving around a stream or river in waders, the angler should carry as little equipment as possible and slide feet forward, not step, to avoid losing balance.
- More so than any lure or rod and reel, or even watertight waders, the greatest ally of any angler hoping to catch a huge trout is patience.
Más definiciones de waderDefinición de wader en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.