(also wahoo elm)
A North American elm which yields useful timber.
- Ulmus alata, family Ulmaceae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Purple Finches flock to the wahoo elm trees to feed on the buds, and Crossbills attack the pine cones.
- Winged elm, also called corked elm or wahoo elm, can be distinguished from other elms by the woody, wing-like growths along the branchlets.
- Here, among the smaller trees, the holly obtains its greatest development, with hornbeams and wahoo elms.
Late 18th century: perhaps from Creek ahá-hwa 'walnut'.
Palabras que riman con wahooaccrue, adieu, ado, anew, Anjou, aperçu, askew, ballyhoo, bamboo, bedew, bestrew, billet-doux, blew, blue, boo, boohoo, brew, buckaroo, canoe, chew, clew, clou, clue, cock-a-doodle-doo, cockatoo, construe, coo, Corfu, coup, crew, Crewe, cru, cue, déjà vu, derring-do, dew, didgeridoo, do, drew, due, endue, ensue, eschew, feu, few, flew, flu, flue, foreknew, glue, gnu, goo, grew, halloo, hereto, hew, Hindu, hitherto, how-do-you-do, hue, Hugh, hullabaloo, imbrue, imbue, jackaroo, Jew, kangaroo, Karroo, Kathmandu, kazoo, Kiangsu, knew, Kru, K2, kung fu, Lahu, Lanzhou, Lao-tzu, lasso, lieu, loo, Lou, Manchu, mangetout, mew, misconstrue, miscue, moo, moue, mu, nardoo, new, non-U, nu, ooh, outdo, outflew, outgrew, peekaboo, Peru, pew, plew, Poitou, pooh, pooh-pooh, potoroo, pursue, queue, revue, roo, roux, rue, Selous, set-to, shampoo, shih-tzu, shoe, shoo, shrew, Sioux, skean dhu, skew, skidoo, slew, smew, snafu, sou, spew, sprue, stew, strew, subdue, sue, switcheroo, taboo, tattoo, thereto, thew, threw, thro, through, thru, tickety-boo, Timbuktu, tiramisu, to, to-do, too, toodle-oo, true, true-blue, tu-whit tu-whoo, two, vendue, view, vindaloo, virtu, wallaroo, Waterloo, well-to-do, whereto, whew, who, withdrew, woo, Wu, yew, you, zoo
A large predatory tropical marine fish of the mackerel family, prized as a game fish.
- Acanthocybium solandri, family Scombridae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Weeds in blue water attract significant numbers of sailfish and wahoo during the summer months.
- By the time you reboard each evening, chef Charlie Wang will have your pan-seared wahoo waiting.
- Skewered chunks of wahoo, a firm, white fish, come in a garlicky scampi butter that turns them irresistible.
Early 20th century: of unknown origin.
1940s: probably a natural exclamation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda