The sport of riding on a short, wide board resembling a surfboard and performing acrobatic manoeuvres while being towed behind a motor boat.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Kite surfing fuses some of the skills of surfing, wind surfing and wakeboarding.
- On offer at this little slice of heaven is water-skiing, wakeboarding, and knee boarding.
- But while Lewis likes skiing and will teach it if asked, wakeboarding is the sport of the future, he said.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The usual mechanism for this injury is the edge of the wakeboard catching the water and suddenly stopping and decelerating the wakeboarder.
- The world's best male and female wakeboarders packed Long Beach Marine Stadium today, as an enthusiastic crowd of 6,350 enjoyed its first ever X Games Wakeboard competition.
- An avid water skier, wakeboarder and slalom waterskier, Benshoof sustained a serious cut to his head while water skiing in August 2000.
1990s: from wake2, on the pattern of surfboarding.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: wake|board|ing
Definición de wakeboarding en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda