Definición de walrus en inglés:
- Odobenus rosmarus, the only member of the family Odobenidae
- Brian has concentrated on the ecological diversity of the region, with its rare flowers, walruses, Bowhead whales, bearded seals, Polar bears and sea birds.
- Polar bears are seagoing hunters that roam vast areas of the Arctic, pursuing a movable feast of seals, narwhals, beluga whales, and walruses.
- After an early buffet breakfast on Saturday morning, the family will spend the day at SeaWorld, home to killer whales, walruses, sea lions, beluga whales, sharks and Magellanic penguins.
The Anglo-Saxons seem to have thought the walrus looked a bit like a horse, for they called it the horschwæl, ‘horse-whale’. We owe our name for the creature to the Dutch, who took the same idea but reversed it: the wal- bit is ‘whale’ and -rus is probably ‘horse’.
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.