Definición de wangle en inglés:
Manage to obtain (something) by persuading or cleverly manipulating someone: I wangled an invitation to her flat I think we should be able to wangle it so that you can start tomorrow
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If anyone could have dreamed up an unlikely idea like the Wooden Horse and wangled his way into Troy, he would have.
- Having wangled a job on the support staff - ‘the best grounding I could have had’ - she had daily access to the editors and decision-makers in every title.
- When I was trying to wangle invitations to Washington to talk about this stuff, they would get private investors to hop on a plane and fly to New Haven to see it.
sustantivoVolver al principio
late 19th century (first recorded as printers' slang): of unknown origin; perhaps based on the verb waggle.
- Example sentences
- It was cast by an angler and a wangler, neither of which was within the law.
- We'll take care of all the work for you: your horse will be saddled and ready for each ride, and Jan and our friendly cowgirl wanglers will give you an enjoyable riding experience.
- Our private transportation will take us to the town of Cachora where our mule wanglers, mules and horses are waiting.