An act carried out during the conduct of a war that violates accepted international rules of war.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- During the Rwanda genocide, rape as a war crime received extensive international media coverage.
- The sex slave system of the Japanese army has already been branded a brutal war crime on the international level.
- It is the kind of war that the Nuremberg tribunal deemed the principal war crime carried out by the Nazis.
war criminal sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Why would an American peacemaker sign a treaty with a war criminal?
- They've managed to paint the war hero as a war criminal, and it took him weeks and weeks to respond.
- His name arouses indignation among the Arab peoples and his military record defines him as a war criminal.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: war crime
Definición de war crime en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda