Definición de war game en inglés:
1A military exercise carried out to test or improve tactical expertise.
- Even now, Gardiner said after the war game, the military sees post-conflict operations as peripheral to its duties.
- THE US spent £165 million on the biggest war game in military history earlier this month.
- Members from all branches of the Army participated in a week-long war game to help dictate the future of the Signal Corps.
1.1A simulated military conflict carried out as a game, leisure activity, or exercise in personal development.
- Battle of Britain is a war game for the personal computer from noted designer Gary Grigsby.
- They are also organising a paintball war game for deaf and hearing members.
- It was a war game based on the American Civil War.
verbo[with object] (war-game) North American Volver al principio
Engage in (a campaign or course of action) using the strategies of a war game: there seemed to be no point war-gaming an election 15 months away
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No team was assigned to diligently unearth the plan's shortfalls or over-sights - or to thoroughly war-game the various courses of action while planners considered and developed them.
- They then must war-game different scenarios to ensure that the goal is realistic and that it has a 10-percent overage of all stocks to compensate for any deficiencies in planning.
- In 1994, James F. Dunnigan and I war-gamed several Indo-Pakistan war scenarios for a commercial project.
- Example sentences
- If a thriller novelist or war-gamer thinks of a particular terrorist operation, I fear there's a decent chance that a dedicated terrorist has already tried or is attempting to execute it.
- In the most notorious instance, when Van Riper knocked out several US navy vessels in the Persian Gulf with suicide speed boat attacks, the war-gamers stopped the exercise and ‘re-floated’ the ships.
- At that point, fear war-gamers, Pakistani planners would seriously consider a nuclear response.
- Example sentences
- We also have an extensive program of experimentation, simulation, war-gaming and analysis, which looks at the future environment.
- Mann includes a stunning, disturbing chapter about the war-gaming during the presidency of Ronald Reagan.
- There has to be lots of war-gaming - hiring consultants to see if they can infiltrate the enemy and find out its weaknesses.
Definición de war game en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan