A very narrow or tightly corseted waist: the wasp waists and bustles of the Victorian period
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fashion in clothes often influences body shape - witness the corset and the wasp waist.
- The wasp waist becomes the focus as the tie dye velvet jacket is teamed with a full pleated skirt creating a feminine feel.
- The look defines a determined woman; a woman who carries off a classically man-tailored suit complete with tie and asserts her femininity with a sheer silk blouse and wasp waist.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The family gathers in front of the house, the mother in her wasp-waisted dress a picture of 1950s domesticity as she repeatedly leads a child down the walk.
- The stone statues of the abstract Union Soldier grow slimmer and younger each year - wasp-waisted, they doze over muskets and muse through their sideburns.
- His wasp-waisted, long-limbed figures express the era's aspirations and opulence with disarming force.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: wasp waist
Definición de wasp waist en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda