- A long, thin aquatic bug which walks slowly on the surface film of water and spears small prey with its beak.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Hydrometra, family Hydrometridae, suborder Heteroptera: several species
- Has a broader body than the water measurer and a considerably shorter head, which has largish eyes.
- Right, the water measurer prepares to climb the mensicus by drying its non-wetting claws.
- Other creatures inhabiting the surface film of bog pools are pond skaters, water measurers and water crickets.
Más definiciones de water measurerDefinición de water measurer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.