- 1The condition of not having access to sufficient water, or water of an adequate quality, to meet one’s basic needs: 250 million more people in Africa will face water poverty by 2020Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most aid packages have, in the past, paid too little attention to tackling water poverty.
- In regions of absolute water poverty, population may become the determining factor, but almost everywhere sound management of the local environment remains the key to freshwater sustainability.
- "We must take the lead and make the hard choices to establish priorities," urged Abu-Zeid, "economic poverty and water poverty are synonymous."
- 1.1chiefly British The condition of being unable to afford to pay one’s water bills: supporting those in water poverty via the public purse means increasing taxes for allMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Water charges will mean the introduction of water poverty.
- The twin curses of water poverty and energy poverty remain the real scandals.
- The planned rises also failed to tackle the increasing problems that many consumers faced when paying their bills, with many people in so-called "water poverty".
Más definiciones de water povertyDefinición de water poverty en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.