Definición de water spider en inglés:
A semiaquatic spider.
- Several species, including the European Argyroneta aquatica (family Argyronetidae), which lives in an underwater dome of silk filled with air. See also raft spider
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Being the chicken she is, saw a water spider and asked me to take it out of the pool.
- The humming of the gnats that danced above the eddies of the stream, the beating of the dragon flies' wings, the strokes of the water spiders' legs, like oars which had lifted their boat - all these made audible music.
- When he had finished this, and still didn't know what to do, he found that he could always pass the time by catching huge water spiders from the quay and throwing them at his sister or mother.
Definición de water spider en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda