sustantivo[mass noun] (also watercolours)
1Artists' paint made with a water-soluble binder such as gum arabic, and thinned with water rather than oil, giving a transparent colour: a self-portrait in watercolour [count noun]: the technique involved the use of watercolours
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She was a life-long nonsmoker and an artist, painting with watercolor and acrylics.
- There are paintings on acrylic, canvas and handmade paper done with poster colours, watercolours, oil paints and even pens.
- Besides his work as an architect, Mockbee is an artist who uses collage, watercolor, and oil paint.
1.1 [count noun] A picture painted with watercolours.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Elegant oil paintings alternated with picturesque watercolours, while a number of acrylic paintings enlivened the display spread over two rooms at the gallery.
- Blackadder is exhibiting watercolours and oil paintings.
- Family Copies recreates oil paintings or watercolors by using an image from a digital or photographic source.
1.2The art of painting with watercolours, especially using a technique of producing paler colours by diluting rather than by adding white.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There, he has lived for the past 30 years, mastering lithography, oil painting, watercolor, gouache, drawing, engraving, sculpture and ceramics.
- In the late 1920s he was introduced to watercolour by visiting artist Rex Battarbee, who later became his agent.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When pursuing a bachelor's degree in art, she was introduced to watercolor and has been a watercolorist ever since.
- Primarily a watercolorist, Dixon also works in oil and acrylics.
- He was born at Blackrock, near Dublin, into a cultured family: his father (a solicitor) and his brother (an architect) were good amateur watercolourists.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: water|col¦our
Definición de watercolour en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda