Definición de watering place en inglés:
1A watering hole.
- They say that the site was probably a series of ponds used as a watering place by both Neanderthals and animals.
- Environmental evidence suggests the site was once a series of ponds used as a watering place, although it is unclear whether the mammoths died of natural causes and were later scavenged, or were killed by Neanderthal hunters.
- The only way to develop an understanding of natural watering places - and a respect for their dangers - is to experience them.
1.1A spa or seaside resort: people would go to fashionable watering places to drink the health-giving water
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Owing to the prosperity of the fishing business last season, and the notoriety which Cape Ann is gaining as a watering place, our little village has presented rather a thriving appearance this spring.
- Though other sources of healing hot mineral springs have been known throughout the world, Spa is the eponymous ‘spa’, an extended use from these famed hot springs - the town was frequented as a watering place as early as the 14th Century.
- If the other watering places along the coast don't wire away at once for a professor to come down and make similar discoveries on their shoreways and in their spas they may just as well put their shutters up, he added.
Definición de watering place en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan