- 1The level normally reached by the water on the side of a ship.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Once in their midst, passengers standing one deck above the waterline looked directly down as the dolphins played in the bow wave, while a few yards away others rolled on their sides and even breached.
- 1.1The level reached by the sea or a river visible as a line on a rock face, beach, or riverbank: he was coming back along the waterline with the dog trotting at his heelsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- After checking another cage Greg pointed with his paddle to a dry waterline eight feet up one of the stumps.
- We start in the library, the waterline there only a couple of feet high in a city where some houses were up their eaves in water.
- The river, still carrying debris from recent rains, has dropped eight feet; I can see the old waterline on the trees.
Más definiciones de waterlineDefinición de waterline en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.