Definición de wattlebird en inglés:
1The largest of the honeyeaters found in Australia, with a wattle hanging from each cheek.
- Genus Anthochaera (and Melidectes), family Meliphagidae: four species
- From there she can watch red wattlebirds sip the indigo evening and goshawks, white as salt, hunt geckoes in the scrub, the sea a blue presence in her imaginings.
- The yellow wattlebird occurs in eucalypt forest and woodland.
- The red wattlebird moves about quickly and acrobatically within the tree.
2A songbird of a New Zealand family distinguished by wattles hanging from the base of the bill.
- The saddleback, a black wattlebird with a tan saddle of feathers on its back and a pendulous orange wattle at the base of its bill, has been translocated 27 times since 1925 and now inhabits approximately 16 islands.
- Three unique wattlebirds, the kokako, saddleback and huia are part of the ancient Callaeidae family.
- This should include the three endemic New Zealand families: New Zealand wrens, wattlebirds and kiwis.
Definición de wattlebird en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan