Definición de wayward en inglés:
Difficult to control or predict because of wilful or perverse behaviour: a wayward adolescent figurative his wayward emotions
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A fabulous young woman leading a project for wayward pupils explained how difficult it was for boys in her community.
- Many religious texts legitimise keeping wayward women under control through the use of physical violence.
- However, in 1998, I changed my wayward behaviour and, within a few months, closed all but one account.
wilful, self-willed, headstrong, stubborn, obstinate, obdurate, perverse, contrary, rebellious, defiant, uncooperative, refractory, recalcitrant, unruly, wild, ungovernable, unmanageable, unpredictable, capricious, whimsical, fickle, inconstant, changeable, erratic, intractable, difficult, impossible, intolerable, unbearable, fractious, disobedient, insubordinate, undisciplined
Late Middle English: shortening of obsolete awayward 'turned away'; compare with froward.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- On Friday, he had struck the ball as waywardly as any seasoned golf watcher could remember, despite telling us before the tournament that he was ‘in control of everything right now, and quite happy’.
- From still lifes to landscapes, graceful interiors to unwieldy allegorical scenes, his work is waywardly old-fashioned.
- With a performance like tonight's though, people should be wondering how long the star's fantasy world can exist when it keeps getting more waywardly scatty and sad by the day.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Parents say the child is stubborn, wilful and try to put down his waywardness to other things,’ she says.
- This is why, far from condemning individuals for their waywardness, hard drugs policy is increasingly therapeutic - treating users as patients who need protecting from their addiction, rather than individuals who should be punished.
- A lack of monitoring means misdemeanours go largely unreported, but already many British security firms, who traditionally enjoy the best reputation, have expressed worries about some of their colleagues' waywardness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India