Definición de weasel en inglés:
- Genus Mustela, family Mustelidae (the weasel family): several species, in particular M. nivalis of northern Eurasia and northern North America. The family also includes the polecats, minks, martens, skunks, wolverine, otters, and badgers
- A cousin of mink, martens, otters, stoats, weasels and distantly related to seals, badgers are one of our oldest indigenous animals, whose fossil remains have been found to belong to the same era as mammoths.
- Mammals such as weasels, foxes, stoats and especially roe deer can wander safely without the risk of being killed by traffic.
- Mammalian carnivores such as weasels and foxes catch voles by chasing or pouncing and are probably just as dangerous in dense cover as in sparse.
- By openly admitting to being philanderers, draft dodgers, liars, weasels and cowards, liberals avoid ever being hypocrites.
- Does the boss who scheduled your sadly abbreviated lunch break deserve to be called a weasel or a stoat?
- They applied for and received deferments, like the little weasels they are.
verbo (weasels, weaselling, weaselled; US weasels, weaseling, weaseled)[no object] Volver al principio
- Tell him to weasel his way into the affections of as many receptionists, secretaries and PAs as is humanly possible, since they always know how things work, and he may find that he has been trying to get hold of the wrong person.
- Except that when that happens, I conveniently find some bogus excuse or lame technicality to avoid paying your damages or to weasel my way into only paying part of them.
- I then tried to weasel my way into the audience's affection, assuring punters that if they laughed at all my gags everyone would get their money back on the way out.
- Words or statements that are intentionally ambiguous or misleading.Oraciones de ejemplo
- On this there can be no room for equivocation, weasel words or fudge.
- I'm not sure that most of these words and expressions are weasel words, though.
- And anyone reading the weasel words of doubt that are insinuated throughout this text can only have profound concern about the basis for which the country is to go to war.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Choose between the weaselly compromises most of us try in an attempt to be healthier and a radically pure approach that will have you forking out enormous sums of money on food supplements.
- I suppose this reflects what she really thinks, as opposed to the similar but more weaselly language crafted by lawyers for the law school's website.
- You know, Kyra, sometimes I worry that I give weaselly answers.
The sneaky characteristics of this animal were not transferred to people until the late 16th century. Its bad reputation comes from the belief that weasels creep into birds' nests and suck the contents out of their eggs, leaving the empty shell behind. This lies behind the originally US phrase weasel words (early 20th century) for words used to reduce the force of a concept being expressed; the more general verb sense ‘extricate’ (weaselled his way out of doing the chores) arose in the 1950s.
Palabras que riman con weaseldiesel, easel, teasel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.