Definición de weatherboard en inglés:
1.1Each of a series of horizontal boards nailed to outside walls with edges overlapping to keep out the rain.
- Their rambling villa, once a model of gracious elegance, was now a paradise of dry rot, with its skeletal verandah, rickety walls and warped weatherboards.
- The walls resemble weatherboard, but cut in irregular widths so as to look even more archaic, as if these lapped boards were sawn from un-squared logs.
- It did not rot, except for the weatherboards on the outside, which had to be replaced from time to time.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Fit or supply with weatherboards.
- The barn has a tiled roof, is weatherboarded, and has a flint plinth.
- Blackbird House is a chronological series of stories, all set in the same weatherboarded farmhouse on the Cape, built by a fisherman trying to escape the sea.
- As well as the old town itself, the group will also be looking at Church Hill, the historic part of the town which also contains terraces of old weatherboarded cottages.
Definición de weatherboard en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary